[xep-support] Questions about XEPServlet, xep.properties and xep.xml

Dormits, R (Roel) R.Dormits at rf.rabobank.nl
Mon Nov 22 06:20:41 PST 2004

Good day,

I am trying XEP 4.0 with the Integration & Connectivity Kit.
I have built XEPServlet.war and deployed it in a Tomcat 5.0 webserver.
This works fine.

The next thing to try for me was to send the XML as a stream to the servlet instead of sending its URL.
With a little help from this mailing list, this now works fine as well.
The only problem is that in the xep.properties file the xep.xml is pointed to with:
CONFIG=C:/Program Files/RenderX/XEP/WEB-INF/lib/xep.xml
(I don't know why, but CONFIG works fine while com.renderx.xep.CONFIG doesn't)

So the next thing to try is to have a xep.xml on the web server that points to the fonts.
This is my xep.properties file:
CONFIG=http://localhost:8080/XEPServlet/xep.xml
Which gives me this error (1): java.io.EOFException: no more input

In case I don't deploy a xep.xml to the XEPServlet folder or use CONFIG=http://localhost:8080/XEPServlet/ZAp.xml, I get this error(2): com.renderx.xep.lib.ConfigurationException: Error while reading configuration file: java.io.EOFException: no more input

I assume therefor that my xep.xml is found and read, but that the information in xep.xml itself is causing error 1, by pointing to a wrong location of the fonts.
Am I right? And how should I point to the fonts from a xep.xml that is deployed to a webserver?
Or shouldn't I deploy the xep.xml to a webserver, but install xep instead on the server and use a 'local' path?
The latter option making distribution and deploying of a XEPServlet.war less flexible.

Thanks in advance,
With regards,
Rabofacet

Roel Dormits
Office Automation Developer
Infra Services
Tel: (030) 21 51 802

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.