[xep-support] Enhancement - Command line support for Logger class replacement

W. Eliot Kimber ekimber at innodata-isogen.com
Fri Nov 12 14:10:16 PST 2004

Greg Baryza wrote:

> Section 8.6 of the XEP 4.0 Reference for Java gives a mechanism for
> providing replacements for the XEP entityresolver and the JAXP
> uriresolver.  I would like to suggest that a future release of XEP
> provide a similar way for me to specify the Logger class.
>
> At present, I have to practically reconstruct the mechanisms of
> XSLDriver in order to make this simple substitution.  I believe it is
> far more likely that one will want supply their own error message
> analyzer/accumulator than replace the entity resolution mechanism.

I can second this requirement--we have an existing client/server
rendition manager framework that includes facilities for communicating
runtime messages back to clients in real time--this requires being able
to plug in our own listener/logger to capture messages.

But I would also be likely to replace the URI resolver too....

Cheers,

Eliot