[xep-support] fonts in v4

Jason B. Tomarken tomarken at dpw.com
Wed Nov 10 12:53:29 PST 2004

Hi,

We just upgraded to XEP 4 (from 3) and are having trouble with fonts.

In v3, we were using some true type fonts that were not part of the bundled font collection in XEP.  So, we added the ttf files (they are TrueType fonts) to the "afm" directory (now "fonts" in v4) and added several lines of XML to the fonts.xml config file (which now, in v4, is part of the overall xep.xml config file).

With v4, I made sure to add the ttf files to the new "fonts" directory, but I cannot seem to translate the lines in the fonts.xml file to the structure required for the new xep.xml file.

I've read through the documentation for configuring fonts in v4 and have gotten close but the resulting PDF files still does not look like the PDF produced with v3 and, in some attempts, could not "find" particular fonts.

Can anybody offer help?

Thanks.
Jason Tomarken
Systems Analyst