[xep-support] using Japanese fonts

Louis Amdur LAmdur at symantec.com
Tue Nov 9 09:54:52 PST 2004

Susan,
Those settings are for OpenType  fonts only. To set up a TTF, just follow
the example in fonts.xml for setting up other TrueType fonts.

____________
Lou Amdur
Symantec
(310) 449-7005

Susan Korgen <skorgen at intersystems.com>
Sent by: owner-xep-support at renderx.com
11/09/2004 09:04 AM
Please respond to
xep-support at renderx.com

xep-support at renderx.com, <xep-support at renderx.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [xep-support] using Japanese fonts

Thanks for all the responses. We are on 3.8 right now.
We have purchased 4.0 but it will be some weeks before we migrate to it.

Using breakttc.exe worked to create ttf files for me.

I have some problems with the fonts.xml file. I need to know what Adobe
settings to provide for the
attributes 'adobe-encoding', 'adobe-ordering' and 'adobe-supplement' when
create an entry for one of my ttf fonts. I also need to know where to put
the ttf file so that fonts.xml can find it.

The fonts.xml file shipped with 3.8 has settings for various Adobe Asian
fonts, but these are not the fonts we are using. How do I find out what
values to set for 'adobe-encoding', 'adobe-ordering' and
'adobe-supplement' ?

TIA, Susan

http://www.renderx.com/tos.html