[xep-support] XEP4 missing text in output

W. Eliot Kimber ekimber at innodata-isogen.com
Fri Nov 5 15:13:02 PST 2004

CRW150 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed XEP4, and the pdf output consists of only the numbers
> and punctuation marks in the document, no text.  Text does appear
> correctly in footnotes.  The same xml and xsl files worked fine with
> XEP trial version.  What do I need to look for?  Is this a
> configuration problem?  A classpath issue?  I have no clue.  Would
> appreciate any suggestion.

Missing text is almost always a font problem, which is usually a
configuration issue. Read the documentation on font configuration
carefully.

One thing to try is to edit your FO instance to make the font family
generic (e.g., font-family="serif") and run it again--if your text shows
up, which it should, then you've got a font configuration problem.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
W. Eliot Kimber