[xep-support] Trying to make a leader fill a table cell

DESEYNE Jacques Jacques.DESEYNE at swift.com
Fri Mar 19 07:50:09 PST 2004

Hello Richard,

One way is to specify the attribute:

  text-align-last="justify"

on the block containing the leader, e.g.:

<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell padding="1mm">
<fo:block font-size="8pt" font-family="sans-serif" text-align-last="justify">POSIZIONE:<fo:inline
font-size="6pt">
<fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"
rule-style="solid" rule-thickness="0.5pt" />
</fo:inline>
</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell padding="1mm">
<fo:block font-size="8pt" font-family="sans-serif" text-align="left">Ecco la qua!</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

Having some reference materials at hand can save you a lot of searching and experimenting. I have found 'Definitive XSL-FO' by G.
Ken Holman (ISBN 0-13-140374-5) very useful in explaining and documenting the different uses of XSL-FO objects.

Jacques Deseyne