[xep-support] The Penultimate Page

mottoson at greenshield.ca mottoson at greenshield.ca
Wed Mar 3 03:36:58 PST 2004

That's something I haven't explored in depth, so I'll give it a try.  Just in thinking about it, a marker would certainly work in the case where the page-sequence naturally ends on an odd-numbered page.  Placing a marker at the very end would be in the correct place to be retrieved, the page-sequence kicks out a blank page because of the force-page-count="end-on-even"

It doesn't spring to mind how to make this work in the case where the page-sequence naturally ends on an even page.  The marker, then, would be on the "back" of the page - leaving the problem of the wrong barcode value on the penultimate page.

I'll play around with it and let you know.  Any other comments on this approach (or others) would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------
Michael Ottoson, System Developer, 519-739-1133 x5874
Green Shield Canada, 8677 Anchor Dr., Windsor ON N9A 6W1
mottoson at greenshield.ca

jirka at kosek.cz
2004/03/03 06:17 AM
Please respond to xep-support

         To:     xep-support at renderx.com
        cc:         Subject:        Re: [xep-support] The Penultimate Page

mottoson at greenshield.ca wrote:

> Any suggestions?

What about using markers? You can place first fo:marker with barcode at the very start of your document and then second fo:marker containing end-of-job indicator at the very end of your document.

  Jirka

   Jirka Kosek    e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz
   http://www.kosek.cz

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the person
or organization to which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and then deleting the
e-mail.

Please encrypt all confidential and sensitive information sent to Green
Shield using the internet.