[xep-support] border conditionality

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Jun 22 06:12:13 PDT 2004

Hello Chris,

Conditionality for borders is implemented and works fine, but
according to XSL-FO specification you have to specify it for each
component, not for shorthands. Moreover, according to the spec you
must use relative components (which are evaluated with respect to
current writing-mode). Therefore the following properties are valid
and will work:
  border-before-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-after-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-start-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-end-width.conditionality="retain"

but these are incorrect:
  border-width.conditionality="retain"
  border.conditionality="retain"
  border-top-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-bottom-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-left-width.conditionality="retain"
  border-right-width.conditionality="retain"

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX