[xep-support] A3 pages and Landscape Pages

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Thu Jun 3 08:53:21 PDT 2004

Hello Douglas,

Page dimensions are defined on every simple-page-master. Therefore you
just need to switch pagemasters appropriately (please find simple
example attached). I can't say what happens in XSL-FO produced by
Arbortext, but from your description I conclude that it just wrap
"landscape" tables in container with reference-orientation="90"
instead of using separate page-master. So the problem is in Arbortext
Composer rather then in XEP.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX

Dcac> Most of my output is in A4 portrait mode, but I would like to be able to
Dcac> output some pages in landscape mode and some pages on A3 landscape.

Dcac> Using xsl from Arbortext Styler I can produce landscape content (a rotated
Dcac> table or a rotated graphic and caption) within a portrait page (as defined
Dcac> by the positon of the header and footer)  but the XEP produced pdf has two
Dcac> drawbacks:

Dcac>  i) if the content is longer than one page the overflow material is lost,
Dcac> and

Dcac> ii) the page is displayed in portrait mode, so the table appears sideways
Dcac> (i.e. English text runs from bottom to top) on the screen. Using Arbortext
Dcac> Composer to produce the pdf, the pdf has additional pages to hold overflow
Dcac> and the page is shown in landscape mode, making the content easier to
Dcac> view.

Dcac> Is there any way of producing landscape pages (or landscape within
Dcac> portrait, viewed onscreen as landscape)  and A3 landscape pages that
Dcac> revert back to A4 portrait at the end of the current element? The
Dcac> requirement to issue overflow pages automatically is a 'nice-to-have' that
Dcac> could be dropped, at a pinch. (In a way, what I want is a nested pageset -
Dcac> but that is not allowed in xsl-fo).

Dcac> Regards, Doug  x2571

Dcac> The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential.  If you are
Dcac> not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any
Dcac> use or distribution is prohibited.  Please notify me immediately by reply
Dcac> e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.  Thank you.