[xep-support] Suppressing validation errors

Douglas_Morrison at contractor.amat.com Douglas_Morrison at contractor.amat.com
Wed Jun 2 08:16:45 PDT 2004

Dear Support,

I am getting error messages from XEP when it processes xsl produced by
Arbortext Styler. I am told by Arbortext that XEP ought to be ignoring at
least some of the 'errors'. Examples:

>{![error] Attribute 'generator' cannot occur at element 'fo:root'.}
>dcm: caused by <fo:root atixslfoext:generator="Arbortext Styler">

Arbortext say that the property in namespace 'atixslfoext' (which is
declared) ought ot be ignored.

>{![error] Element 'fo:wrapper' cannot be a child of 'fo:root'.}
>{![error] Attribute 'id' cannot occur at element 'fo:wrapper'.}
>dcm: caused by <fo:wrapper id="styler-id-the_end"/>

>{?[warning] Element 'fosi-passthru' belongs to an unknown namespace}
>dcm: caused by <atixslfoext:fosi-passthru>

Arbortext say that the element in namespace 'atixslfoext' (which is
declared) ought ot be ignored.

>{![error] Attribute 'master-reference' cannot occur at element
'fo:block'.}
>{![error] Attribute 'initial-page-number' cannot occur at element
'fo:block'.}
>{![error] Attribute 'format' cannot occur at element 'fo:block'.}
>dcm: caused by
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
> <fo:block>
> <xsl:attribute name="break-before">odd-page</xsl:attribute>
> <xsl:attribute name="master-reference">mainbody-page</xsl:attribute>
> <xsl:attribute name="initial-page-number">auto-odd</xsl:attribute>
> <xsl:attribute name="format">1</xsl:attribute>

Arbortext say their code sometimes emits non-inheritable properties of FOs
where they
aren't applicable, but this isn't an error. XEP should just ignore them.

I appreciate that validation is useful, and I wouldn't want to turn it off
entirely. Is there anything I can do to stop these validation error
messages (for example adding a chunk of xsl, or modifying the validation
in some way) and allow the conversion to pdf to continue?

Regards, Doug  x2571

The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any
use or distribution is prohibited.  Please notify me immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.  Thank you.