[xep-support] Table causing an out of memory exception.

Parr, Christopher christopher.parr at thomson.com
Fri Jul 30 07:12:24 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm under pressure to get a job finished for a project and I've hit a
problem. It doesn't help that I'm brand new to XEP.

As part of the process I am converting roughly 83,000 xml documents to PDF.
Tables are giving me a problem. For the occasional document I come across a
problem where XEP seems to get stuck creating page after page until my java
process runs out of memory (this isn't a memory problem as I have assigned
up to a gig of memory).

I've narrowed the issue down to the following problem:

I have a table and I am inserting text into a column. Occasionally when the
text in the table column runs off the bottom of the page, rather than
starting a new page and carrying on the problem I stated above happens. I
have tried keep-with-next and previous to force the whole block onto the

Does this problem ring any bells with anyone???

If this is caused by a newbie mistake then I apologise, but I can't for the
life of me figure it out.

Help.

Thanks in advance

Chris Parr