[xep-support] XEPTask: BASE for resolving contained URLs?

Kenneth J. Hughes kjh at entel.com
Wed Jan 21 12:06:08 PST 2004

I'm using the latest versions of XEP (3.7.1) and XEPTask (1.3).

I've found that if I change the form of the URL in the input file,
I can resolve the problem.  Consider the following two forms of
the specification of a relative URL:

(1) background-image="url(file:../graphics/smile.gif)"
(2) background-image="url(../graphics/smile.gif)"

Form 1 may well be wrong, but it was confusing in that it worked with
an ant java task calling XSLDriver but failed with the ant xep task.

Form 2 works with both.

Attached is a small test case that demonstrates the above results.

I'm happy to use form 2.  I just wanted to follow-up for the benefit
of anyone who happens across this thread with a similar problem.

Thanks for your help, Alexander.

Cheers,

Ken