[xep-support] line-through with different fonts

Oliver Becker obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 20 02:51:05 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm using <fo:inline text-decoration="line-through"> ... </fo:inline>
to create text that is marked as cancelled.
Unfortunately if the contents uses different fonts (Courier, Helvetica
and Times), the result is not a straight line but rather a line that
has breaks (the parts appear in slightly different vertical positions).
I suspect this is because each font has its own metric (though the
font-size is the same).

Is there anything I can do to produce a straight line?

(Extended task: the fo:inline above is part of a table cell. Can I strike
out a whole table row?)

Thanks a lot,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |