[xep-support] XEPTask: BASE for resolving contained URLs?

Kenneth J. Hughes kjh at entel.com
Mon Jan 19 09:23:58 PST 2004

I expected that setting com.renderx.xep.BASE would cause relative URL
references within the input file (to images, for example) to be
resolved relative to its value, however I'm not seeing that.  It
appears that BASE is only being used to determine the input file
locations.  Should it not also be used to resolve relative URLs within
the doc?  If not, what's the proper way of telling XEP that relative
URLs are to be resolved with respect to the directory of the document
that contains the URL?

If I forgo the xep ant task and instead set the dir attribute on a
java task calling XEP directly, input files and their containing
relative URLs do resolve successfully.  However, to make that approach
work from ant over a directory of input files is messy and
inefficient; the xep ant task handles that better.

Thanks for any answers or suggestions.

Cheers,

Kenneth J. Hughes                                       kjh at entel.com
Entelechy Corporation                            http://www.entel.com/