[xep-support] Absolute position of images in multi-column layout

John Barrett john at industrialmedium.com
Sat Jan 10 12:40:00 PST 2004

Not a support question, per se, but I'm hoping that someone will have some advice for me.  Generally, I have many XML documents that I'm laying out into a 2 column spread.  Easy enough.  The documents also have a handful of images that must appear at the top of the second column, on each page.  This is where I am having some issues.  I have attempted a couple of solutions without much luck, with the exception of counting characters, and forcing column-breaks when I get close to filling a column.  This works, for about 80% of the cases, but it seems rather hacky, and it still leaves 20% of the files that need to be hand edited.  Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,

John