[xep-support] Extra blank lines in linefeed-treatment="preserve" environment

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Sat Feb 28 15:35:54 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm using XEP 3.6.2 to render documents containing:

<fo:block wrap-option="no-wrap" white-space-collapse="false"
white-space-treatment="preserve"
linefeed-treatment="preserve">&lt;html&gt;&#xD;
&lt;head&gt;&#xD;
&lt;title&gt;Str?nka s obr?zkem&lt;/title&gt;&#xD;

Please note entity reference &#xD; at the end of each line. I agree that
this is quite uncommon, but software which I use to produce FO do it
this way. Line endings in my FO file are Unix ones (<LF>). I thought
that &#xD; followed by <LF> will be treated as <CR> <LF> and thus
normalized to single <LF> at the XML parsing time. But XEP inserts blank
line between lines in my listing. That leads me to the conclusion that
both &#xD; and <LF> are treated as newlines, not as just one newline.

Is this a bug in XEP which I hitted or did I misunderstood XML entity
and newline handling machinery?

Thanks,

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek