[xep-support] [ANN] RenderX seeks beta-testers for XEP.NET

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Fri Feb 20 08:38:44 PST 2004

Dear list subscribers,

RenderX plans to release a .NET version of XEP shortly.
We are looking for beta testers for the new product. If you
are interested in trying XEP under .NET and eager to share
your impressions with us, please send an email to:

   beta-request at renderx.com

Please include a short description of your intended XEP use.

Note: we are mostly interested in integration experience,
so preference will be given to deployment and usage
of XEP as a component in bigger systems; running XEP
from the command line is of lesser interest. RenderX
reserves the right to reject applications.

XEP.NET Summary:
===============

XEP.NET is an XSL-FO formatter component for .NET.
It consists of 100% manageable code: no native libraries are
used, and no Java is required to run it. The product is fully
identical in functionality to the Java version: the core
of the new product is a Visual J# port of the Java code.
This core is wrapped in an API that exposes standard
.NET interfaces for XML processing (XmlReader and
XmlWriter). Additionally, the software includes classes
for smooth MSXML integration.

The package also includes a command-line utility and
a simple GUI tool to run XSL-FO formatting.

Requirements:
  .NET Framework 1.1 or higher
  Visual J# Redistributable 1.1 or higher

Best regards,