[xep-support] problems with keep-together.within-page="always" and line breaks

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Wed Feb 4 01:41:28 PST 2004

Hello Raj,

It sounds quite strange. I was not able to reproduce this problem.
Could you please provide me with a short sample that demonstrates this
effect?

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX

scc> Hello,
scc> I am using and empty fo:block to generate line breaks in the PDF doc.
scc> However, when I use this within a block which has
scc> keep-together.within-page="always", it sometimes causes a pagebreak, even
scc> though there's ample room on the current page to fit content.

scc> ex:

scc> <xsl:template match="para">
scc> <fo:block keep-together.within-page="always">
scc>       <fo:block text-align="left" space-after.optimum="4pt"
scc> space-after.maximum="0pt" space-after.minimum="0pt"
scc> space-before.optimum="0pt" space-before.maximum="0pt" space-before.minimum
scc> ="0pt" font-size="8pt"              font-family="Times">
scc>             Some text
scc>       </fo:block>

scc>       <fo:block space-after.optimum="0pt" space-after.maximum="0pt"
scc> space-after.minimum="0pt"                       space-before.optimum="0pt"
scc> space-before.maximum="0pt" space-before.minimum="0pt" font-size="7pt"
scc>       font-family="Times" background-image="
scc> url(c:/abl/print/watermark.jpg)" text-align="left">
scc>             Some more text
scc>             <!-- The following causes a page break -->
scc>             <fo:block/>
scc>             The fo:block above, which i use to cause a line break,  causes
scc> the entire para to move to next page, even                  though there's
scc> ample room on the previous page to fit this para.
scc>       </fo:block>
scc> </fo:block>
scc> </xsl:template>

scc> If i comment out the <fo:block/> in question, then the para lines up
scc> correctly on the previous page.

scc> Any ideas?

scc> Regards,
scc> Raj

scc> This E-mail (which includes any attachment) is intended to be read only by
scc> the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or
scc> proprietary information.  If you have received this E-mail in error, do not
scc> print it, forward it or disseminate it or its contents.  In such event,
scc> please notify the sender by return E-mail and delete the E-mail file
scc> immediately thereafter. Thank you for your cooperation.

scc> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
scc> in the body of the message to majordomo at renderx.com from the address
scc> you are subscribed from.
scc> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html