[xep-support] Multiline text in SVG doesn't work

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Aug 31 01:25:26 PDT 2004

Hello Jirka,

It turns out to be a bug in our SVG processor. It manifests itself in
case of 'tspan' element with absolute 'x' coordinate, but without
absolute 'y'. We will fix this problem in the next maintenance release.
Thanks for your report.

In your particular case as a temporary solution you can create simple
XSLT stylesheet that will clone 'y' coordinate of the parent text
element on each descendant tspan that has absolute 'x', but no absolute 'y'.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX