[xep-support] Feasibility of using block-containers to simulate change bars?

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Aug 24 03:15:07 PDT 2004

Hello Jacques,

You are right: there are no special means to implement change bars in
XSL-FO nor XEP yet. In the current state of affairs use of XEP
intermediate format to imitate such functionality is a feasible way in
my opinion. There is one feature that can make your life a bit easier
- rx:pinpoint. This XEP extension is a very low-level facility to put
user-defined marks into the XML representation of the output. It
produces a zero-size inline object that works as a labeled pin,
marking a specific location on the page so you can use rx:pinpoint as
'change marks'.

Actually this subject was discussed on this list some time ago, try to
search our mailing list archive for 'revision bars' (there is a Google
search form at the top of the page at http://xep.xattic.com)

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX