[xep-support] PDF V1.5

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Fri Aug 20 06:05:16 PDT 2004

Hello Geurt,

In Acrobat 6 you can save your PDF as PDF v1.4 or PDF v.1.3. There are
two ways to do it and both of them tricky:
1. You can use 'PDFOptimizer' tool in 'Advanced' menu. It allows you
   to set PDF compatibility to "Acrobat 5 or later" or "Acrobat 4 or
   later". If you set "Acrobat 5 or later" it will save your PDF as
   PDF 1.4 that is suitable for use with XEP.
2. You can select option 'Reduce file size' from 'File' menu - despite
   it's name it allows you to generate older versions of PDFs which
   usually have *bigger* size! :-) Strange, but true ;-)

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX