[xep-support] no keep.with.next with rx:page-index extension

Bob Stayton bobs at sagehill.net
Tue Aug 17 00:38:29 PDT 2004

I'm formatting an index, using the rx:page-index extension as implemented in
the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  For long index entries that wrap to the next
line, I would like to keep the last word of the index entry with the page
numbers.  So I put this between the last word of the index entry and the
<rx:page-index> element:

 <fo:leader leader-length="4pt"  keep-with-next.within-line="always"
keep-with-previous.within-line="always"/>

My expectation is that the index entry text would break between words
earlier in the line to put the last word with the page numbers on the next
line.

But it doesn't seem to work.  That is, the line breaks between the last word
of the entry and the page number. If I replace the fo:leader with a
nonbreaking space, that also does not work.
Is there something in <rx:page-index> that cancels the keep?  I can supply a
sample fo file if that would help.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting