[xep-support] XSL expressions

Michael Smith msmith at speedlegal.com
Mon Aug 2 22:23:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

I ran into a problem today with XEP 3.8. I have some reasonably complex
bits of XSLT that ended up (in one particular, unusual case) producing
an expression of the form:

   "100% - -5.4pt"

in my XSL file.

I had a look at the grammar defined in the XSL specification, and as far
as I understand it, this is permitted.

XEP says this, though:

XEP Warning: Bad attribute inline-progression-dimension: Could not
evaluate expression (100.0% - -5.386pt) in attribute
inline-progression-dimension.maximum

I can work around this for the moment, but I'd appreciate anyone a bit
more knowledgeable about this stuff letting me know if my original
version was legal (i.e. is this an XEP bug?)

Mike