[xep-support] Linux TTF Font Issues

David Priest priest at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 1 09:41:56 PST 2004

I'm having a heck of a time getting my XEP to use TTF fonts in Linux.

There are no error messages in the console output, so presumably it
is able to find the fonts.  When I use the exact same configuration
on a WinXP boxen, the fonts *are* used.

Can anyone supply some hints as to how I can figure out what's going
on?  Is it a naming issue?  A configuration issue?  Does Linux need a
graphics server to use TTF with XEP?  Arrrrgh.

Thanks in advance,
 david