[xep-support] Different behaviour of evaluation and full version

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Mon Sep 29 06:29:55 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using full XEP (client_academic to be precise) with custom TTF
fonts. However when I use same version of XEP 3.6.1, but evaluation
version, with the same configuration and I'm getting mangled PDF where
some letters are missing in texts generated by XEP (I'm getting " P
rial" instead od "XEP Trial") and kerning in some fonts seems like
random function which shift characters to the left or to the right by
several mm.

I think that problem can be connected with fact, that evaluatin version
modifies output and adds XEP stamps to corner of page. Do you know how
to get evaluation version working with custom fonts? I'm preparing
DocBook environment for DocBook training just now and I didn't expected
that evaluation version of XEP will stop me for 2 hours with no advance
at all.

Thanks,

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek