[xep-support] JIT Compiler "off" not found

Chris Braddock smapdi636 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:02:09 PDT 2003

Thanks Werner.  Here's some info:

# /usr/java130/bin/java
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by :>
              set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
              set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
              enable verbose output
    -version  print product version
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -? -help  print this help message
    -X        print help on non-standard options

# /usr/java130/bin/java -X
    -Xbootclasspath:<directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                      set search path for bootstrap classes and resources
    -Xbootclasspath/a:<directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                      append to end of bootstrap class path
    -Xbootclasspath/p:<directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                      prepend in front of bootstrap class path
    -Xnoclassgc       disable class garbage collection
    -Xms<size>        set initial Java heap size
    -Xmx<size>        set maximum Java heap size
    -Xss<size>        set the maximum native stack size for any thread
    -Xos<size>        set the maximum Java stack size for any thread
    -Xrs              reduce the use of OS signals
    -Xcheck:jni       perform additional checks for JNI functions
    -Xcheck:nabounds  perform additional checks for JNI array operations
    -Xrunhprof[:help]|[:<option>=<value>, ...]
                      perform heap, cpu, or monitor profiling
    -Xdebug           enable remote debugging
    -Xfuture          enable strictest checks, anticipating future default

The -X options are non-standard and subject to change without notice.
#

# /usr/java130/bin/java -version
java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build ca130-20020504 (JIT enabled:
jitc)
)
#