[xep-support] Rendering DocBook sets as multiple documents

Kevin Yank kevin at sitepoint.com
Sun Sep 7 17:07:40 PDT 2003

Hi there!

I am starting work on a DocBook XML project that will be published as a two
volume set of books. Each of these books must contain an index to both
books, with page number citations of the form "I-123" for page 123 of volume
I.

DocBook XML appears to have all the tools to model this. I can enclose the

Things are less straightforward when it comes to the rendering process,
though. As far as I can tell, XSL-FO in general and XEP in particular don't
let you produce two output documents from a single source document in one
process, do they?

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about producing two
PostScript output files which share page number citations as described
above.

Kevin Yank
Technical Business Director
SitePoint.com - Master the Web!