[xep-support] Dynamic Content in a Static Table

valeri.kniazev at chello.at valeri.kniazev at chello.at
Wed Oct 22 09:01:17 PDT 2003

Hi,

I try to reformulate our issues and recap on the explanation you gave.

We try to produce a PDF file (see example attached) of so called Industrial Statistics Country tables, currently printed by the mainframe system.

The requirement is to have it fixed like in the mainframe printout. That is why we have chosen the static table with fixed layout.

The main data row has 29 columns again with fixed widths and the data is assembled from different elements and attributes of the input XML file. The actual number of real data rows to be inputted in one static row is not fixed and depends on the input XML data. Normally one table will be spread over few (2-4) pages and thats whre it hits current XEP limitation for one data row.

What can you suggest as a workaround? We want to keep the fixed layout of the table and possibility to assemble it from different nodes of the input XML file, but to keep the number of data rows dynamic.

Kind regards,
Valeri Knyazev
Industrial Statistics Section
UNIDO,