[xep-support] collapsing table borders

Anders Svensson anders.svensson at animech.com
Tue Oct 21 06:15:35 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've noticed there is a problem rendering table borders in xep, in that
the borders of adjacent table cells/rows overlap, and in xep apparently
both borders show. This makes the borders between all cells twice as
thick as the first and last border... For our purposes this is very
unfortunate, because besides the fact that actual tables look odd, a lot
of our page layout is drawn using visible table borders.

>From what I've heard this has to do with the attribute border-collapse,
and that xep only supports the value "separate" as of now... But surely
this must be a rather prominent feature which most users will need to
solve? So I have two questions:

1.	Is there a workaround?

2.	When will xep support collapsing borders?

Best,

Anders

Anders Svensson
Animech AB