[xep-support] Table Rows Shifted if sperad over few pages

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Mon Oct 20 12:12:12 PDT 2003

Valeriy,

> One of the first attempts to produce a complex table spread over
> couple of pages gives strange results of main data rows mixed
> or not kept together (see the PDF file attached). If the same
> table is contained within one page no problems are encountered.

If I understand it correctly, you hit a limitation of XEP. Table headers
are implemented in a non-conformant way: if a table row cannot fit into
one page and is split by a page break, then the header is inserted _after
that row_, rather than at the top of a page. The limitation is described in
http://xep.xattic.com/xep/doc/spec.html#Implementation_Notes;
the respective document is also present in your copy of XEP.

> Any comments/suggestions?

One general advice: it is hard to comment or suggest looking on PDF only,
without the source XSL FO. We don't even know what is the structure
of your table...

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX