[xep-support] markers supported?

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Mon Oct 6 01:46:38 PDT 2003

Jack,

> I am trying to make different headers for odd and even pages.
> The even headers use a retrieve-marker with classname 'a': that works ok.
> The odd headers should use a retrieve-marker with classname 'b': seems to
> work but i always get the last in the page sequence no matter what i define
> in retrieve-position or retrieve-boundary.

You can see this same layout in the examples included with XEP:
examples/xmlspec/xmlspec20.xsl stylesheet puts chapter names in the
header of even pages, and first-level subchapter names in the header
of odd ones. It seems to be working.

> I read somewhere that markers are not supported and somewhere
> else that they are.
> What is the current status and how can i solve/work-around
> my problem ?

The current status is that they are working. As far as your problem
is concerned, please provide more input: how are your markers
located in the flow, and how are retrieve-markers placed in the
stratic content.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev