[xep-support] Extra 1/4" around my PDFs!!!

Andrzej Jan Taramina andrzej at chaeron.com
Mon Nov 17 21:22:10 PST 2003

Nikolai:

My PDF's are being generated with an extra 1/4" (16 pts) margin around the
outside of the page, and it's driving me nuts.

The FO input looks like this, for my page master:

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="main"
	page-height="11.0in"
	page-width="8.5in"
	margin-top="0.0in"
	margin-bottom="0.0in"
	margin-left="0.0in
	margin-right="0.0in">
	<fo:region-body  margin-top="72pt"
		margin-left="72pt"
		margin-right="72pt"
		margin-bottom="48pt"/>
	<fo:region-before extent="78pt"/>
	<fo:region-after extent="36pt"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>

The problem is that with these settings, I should have a 1" border on the
top/left/right, but end up with a 1.25" border for some unknown reason.

I'm testing with XEP 3.6.3 Developer-Stamped edition.

Is it the stamped edition that is causing my pages to have the extra 1/4"
border around the content?

If so, then I need this fixed ASAP since my rendering has to be consistent
between the stamped dev release where I test versus the production releases
of XEP.  If not, I sure could use a hand in helping me find out why I'm
getting the extra 1/4" fast.

Thanks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com