[xep-support] different layout in region-body for even/odd pages

Oliver Becker obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 1 02:28:37 PST 2003

Hello,

it seems there's no construct in XSLFO to define different contents in the
region-body of a page for even and odd pages.

For example I want to have special blocks that extend the normal block
width. These should be vertically aligned on the inner side of the page:

+----------+ +----------+
|    xxxxx | | xxxxx    |
|    xxxxx | | yyyyyyyy |
| yyyyyyyy | | xxxxx    |
| yyyyyyyy | |          |
|    xxxxx | |          |
+----------+ +----------+

Or suppose one wants to create margin notes or icons next to a definition,
example, or note. These should be positioned left from the text on left
(even) pages and right from the text on right (odd) pages.

Do I miss something in XSLFO? (This could well be.)
Does XEP provide an extension for this?

Any pointers will be welcome.

Thanks,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |