[xep-support] Out of memory error

Jeff Beal jeff.beal at ansys.com
Tue Mar 25 10:32:58 PST 2003

The Java Runtime Environment has an internal limit on how much memory it
will attempt to take from your OS.  You need to edit the shell script or
batch file that came with XEP to increase this limit.  For JRE's from Sun,
you set it using the -Xmx flag after the call to Java.  In my "run.bat"
file, I added -Xmx1000000000 (the number is the maximum size in bytes)
immediately following the java.exe.  XEP doesn't actually need this much
memory, even for processing 26MB FO files, but the JRE still only takes the
memory it needs.

Jeff