[xep-support] Status output going to STDERR?

Ronald Hayden rhayden at apple.com
Sun Mar 9 14:01:51 PST 2003

We're running XEP on Mac OS X as part of a publishing system that kicks
off various scripts.  The system captures anything posted to STDERR and
generates warnings for the user.

Unfortunately, it appears that all XEP status messages are going to
STDERR.  I don't know if this is an XEP choice, a Java choice, or
something we can change through some command-line option....  Is there
a way to get only errors to go to STDERR and everything else to STDOUT?

  -- Ron