[xep-support] page-number manipulation

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Sun Mar 9 12:26:19 PST 2003

At 2003-03-09 15:09 +0800, PIERRES at hthk.com wrote:
>But I am sorry about that I missed to mention one thing in my situation.
>My bill statement structure contain two type of pages (i.e. first summary
>pages and then detail pages).
>Using the approach you suggested, I can only fix the problem for summary
>pages.
>But for detail pages, I need to start a new page-sequence

Do you, indeed, need to start a new page-sequence because of new geometry
or static-content?  If not, consider using break-before="page" at the start
of the detail pages.

If you need different static-content but the same page geometry, then
consider using retrieve-markers to do the job.

>Also, I want to confirm that the folding maching page-sequence no. should be
>1 for page 16 in order to prevent the situation that none of the
>page-sequence bar detected.

Okay ... so 15 pages participate in every folded set?  My suggestion will
still hold regardless of the number ... I just thought the hexadecimal
significance of 16 for the four bits represented by the absence and
presence of the four bars.

Good luck!

................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
                              North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO