[xep-support] Embedded Type 1 fonts - again

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Wed Mar 5 02:58:34 PST 2003

> Beste Els,
>
> In the font element example I see you assign a PFB file to the pfa attribute
> instead of the pfb attribute. If you did a cut and paste, the fonts.xml file
> will contain the same error. Did you also place the PFB files in the XEP/afm
> directory, because that is where your example expects them to be?

For PDF output, pfa vs pfb should not make any difference, the font
is not recoded. However, I believe that if the font does not get
embedded, then XEP displays diagnostics explaining why it happens.

Possible causes may be, as you correctly assume, the pfb file missing
from the directory XEP is looking for them in. In any case, the
font is either embedded, or an explanation is displayed.

David