[xep-support] Line-through alignment with embedded TTF

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Mon Mar 3 10:13:27 PST 2003

> When I embed Garamond or BookmanOldStyle fonts then
> specify line-through in text-decoration, the
> line-through is above the lowercase letters and
> slightly above middle on the uppercase letters.  Is
> there a solution to this problem?

line-through is drawn at the distance of 2/3 of XHeight above
the baseline. If XHeight is not specified, then XHeight is equal
to CapHeight. If CapHeight is not specified then CapHeight is
equal to Ascender.

There is probably a better approach; I'll check it. To solve the
problem, modify the font metrics and set XHeight to something meaningful.

David