[xep-support] Footnote causing gap between lines

Gustaf Liljegren gustaf.liljegren at bredband.net
Sat Mar 1 13:00:38 PST 2003

Here's something that I've never been able to solve completely. The
footnote number is causing an ugly gap in the text. I've tried setting
line-height to zero, but the gap doesn't go away completely. Is there any
other propoerties to play with?

  <xsl:template match="footnote">
    <xsl:variable name="footnote-number">
      <xsl:number level="any" from="chapter"/>
    </xsl:variable>
    <fo:footnote>
      <fo:inline baseline-shift="super" font-size="5pt" line-height="0">
        <xsl:value-of select="$footnote-number"/>
      </fo:inline>
      <fo:footnote-body>
      </fo:footnote-body>
    </fo:footnote>