[xep-support] Footnotes - paragraph format?

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Jul 22 01:32:21 PDT 2003

Hello Jeremy,

JC> would it be possible to create
JC> just one float then retrieve all the markers on the page into that one
JC> float in the margin area? That may be an acceptable solution.

No, you can place fo:retrieve-marker only in static-content.

JC> I'm not certain, though, how to retrieve all the markers for a given
JC> page, nor how to create a float for every given page in the same
JC> position.

Floats can't have fixed position, they are floating by their nature.

I think the only possible remedy for your problem is the use of
some special extension. Adding such an extension to RenderX XEP could
be arranged as a custom order, please contact our sales department at
sales at renderx.com for pricing details (please include detailed
description of your requirements).

JC>  I am still new to XSL-FO, coming from the LaTeX world.

Well, it was a rough 'welcome'... :-)

JC> Thanks,

JC> Jeremy

Best regards,