[xep-support] Tables spanning pages horizontally

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Fri Jul 11 06:08:51 PDT 2003

At 2003-07-10 15:20 -0700, Kurt Werle wrote:
>We would like to print pages that span multiple pages horizontally (yes,
>even landscaped).  I haven't seen any information on how to go about
>that.  Is it possible?

Not in XSL-FO 1.0.

Make sure the XSL editors at mailto:xsl-editors at w3.org know of your
requirements for their assessment of future revisions of the Recommendation.

Regarding landscape tables in a portrait page geometry where the desire for
the table to be in landscape instead of portrait is expressed by the author
of the XML, this is also not supported in XSL-FO 1.0 but is supported using
XSL-FO 1.0 in a two-step methodology called the Page Sequence Master
Interleave (PSMI) in our free Resource Library linked from our home page
noted below.

I hope this helps.

.................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info