[xep-support] command line arguments

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Thu Jul 10 07:10:22 PDT 2003

> I use the command line interface to transform all of my documents.=20
>
> Before I upgraded from XEP 3.21 to XEP 3.5 the following command worked =
> just fine:
> 	c:\XEP\xep.bat test.fo -DH4PDF.USERPRIVILEGES=3Dprint
>
> now I get the following error:
> 	error: unexpected command line argument #2(input parameter): =
> '-DH4PDF.USERPRIVILEGES=3Dprint'

Because the syntax for com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver is

java com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver
     | {option|-quiet|-version|-valid|-help}
       (
         [-xml] <infile> [-xsl <stylesheet>] {-param <name=value>}
       | -fo <infile>
       | -xep <infile>
       )
       [[-<output format>] <outfile>]
       [-format <output format>]

Available output formats: ps (Postscript), pdf (PDF), xep (XEP), at (XEP).

That is, options must go before arguments.

David