[xep-support] XEP Questions

Sean L. Diamond sdiamond at projectbyweb.com
Fri Jan 24 10:59:53 PST 2003

Hello,
I have been put in charge downloading and evaluating your software for integration into our web based application. Our web based application is using asp, xml, xslt, SQL Server, and we would like to have a way to allow end users to print what they see on screen in pdf format. I have successfully integrated your trial software with our site and can produce the desired .pdf files.

My superiors are awaiting my decision on weather to buy the full version or not. I feel XEP is a good choice. However, I am having a few technical questions that I would like to resolve before giving the go ahead to purchase your product.

First, have you ever heard of the following error: I use your software to create the desired .pdf file. When I open the .pdf in Adobe Acrobat, the resulting image looks fine however I recieve the following warning pop up box: "Read less image data than expedted". This is something we can't have our end users seeing.

Also, if we are displaying a text field that is one big string, no spaces, such as "this-is-a-big-string" and it doesn't fit into the space provided, there doesn't seem to be a word wrap, the text comes out jumbled up. This is hard to explain so I have attached a sample .pdf file.

 <<Pbw_Admin.pdf>>

We are ready to buy the software as soon as I can get these few things ironed out. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sean Diamond
Project By Web
sdiamond at projectbyweb.com
610-668-4622