[xep-support] SVG

Tobias Reif tobiasreif at pinkjuice.com
Wed Jan 22 05:10:11 PST 2003

Gustaf Liljegren wrote:

>>server products support FO, and SVG. Anyways, I believe SVG (among PNG
>>etc) will become *the* graphics format for use with XML documents and FO.
>>
> I don't think the guys at RenderX need any persuation about the SVG.

Well, if XEP would fully support SVG, I'd buy it. Since I'm probably not
the only one, I thought that this would interest RenderX.

> In
> fact, XEP had some experimental SVG support earlier.

I know; it was too incomplete for my needs.

> In XEP 3, SVG was
> dropped (maybe the partial support raised too many questions?)

perhaps

> and now
> we're waiting for a better SVG implementation.

Exactly! That's what I expressed in my post.

> In the meanwhile, I keep on nagging about PDF embedding.

Please feel free to do so; it just is offtopic for a thread about SVG.

> If you use the PS output,

I wrote "I need to generate high-quality PDF".

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/