[xep-support] Ant <xslfo/> task?

Kenneth J. Hughes kjh at entel.com
Wed Jan 8 10:43:00 PST 2003

Hi, is anyone using Ant to build projects involving xep?  Clearly xep
can be launched via the <java/> task, but it'd be nice to have a
dedicated <xslfo/> task that could support filesets and swappable
XSL:FO processors.  There is supposedly a <fop/> task in Ant 1.4, but
there're questions regarding whether it works in the current version
of Ant (1.5).

I'm considering looking into doing a general <xslfo/> task.  It could
support fop and make it simple to move into xep whenever real work had
to get done.  ;-)  Someone talk me out of it by pointing out that
something exists already that's good enough, or by telling me to stay
focused on my main project itself.  :-)

Cheers,

Kenneth J. Hughes          (330) 310-1057                kjh at entel.com
Entelechy Corporation                            http://www.entel.com/