[xep-support]Using several alignment methods in one fo:block-container simultaneously.

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Thu Feb 27 11:53:56 PST 2003

Irina,

> Could you tell us what we should do in order to alternate the positions of
> the different components from page to page (e.g. to position <Page Number>
> on the left on even pages, and on the right on odd pages)?

You can assign different static content to odd and even pages, using
named fo:static-content elements and fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives
to build a page sequence master.  I suggest looking at the XSL FO
tutorial, available inside XEP's distribution (doc/tutorial.pdf).
Note that the tutorial itself has page numbers on the left on even
pages, and on the right on odd pages :-). You can therefore look
at its sources (also included in each XEP distribution) to see
a concrete example:

   - doc/docbook/tutorial.dbx is XML (DocBook) source;
   - doc/docbook/stylesheets/dbx2pdf.xsl is the XSL FO stylesheet.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX