[xep-support] Scaling of images again...

Bernd Kuemmerlen bkuemmer at gmx.net
Thu Feb 27 01:31:55 PST 2003

Hello,

in http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/0376.html, David mentioned a
way to get image scaling when the width exceeds the available width.
This works very well.

We now have the problem that sometimes, our images are not too wide but
too high (when the pagesize is a square format and the images are
portrait). Is there a way to get the following scaling behaviour?

- When image is too wide, scale-to-fit to the available width
- When the image is too high, scale-to-fit to the available height.

I tried something like
<fo:external-graphic src="url(img/large-image.gif)"
     content-width="scale-to-fit"
     content-height="scale-to-fit"
     width="100%"
     height="100%"
     scaling="uniform"/>

But this results in lots of space above landscape images.

So, is there a way to achieve the behaviour I described?

Thanks for any help
	Bernd