[xep-support] Center tables horizontally

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Thu Feb 20 23:34:11 PST 2003

Hi Els,

> However, with the 3.2 version, I get the following warning:
> "{?Bad attribute start-indent: Attribute type mismatch:
> start-indent cannot have value '161.5' of type Real number}"

It says that a length must bear a unit specifier. Do you mean
161.5 pt? 161.5 px?  161.5 mm?

> What has changed between the XEP versions?

Expression syntax checks have become more strict. In XEP 3.2,
the only length value that does not require unit specifier is 0.
All other lengths should be expressed in pt, pc, in, mm, cm, or px.

> or rather: what can I do to get the divide functionality
> to center tables horizontally?

Your code is OK; but you should care to get the correct dimensionality.
Something like this:

<xsl:attribute name="start-indent">
  (323pt - <xsl:value-of select="$totalcolwidth"/>pt) div 2
</xsl:attribute>

Regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev