[xep-support] What channel are messages written?

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Thu Feb 13 13:04:55 PST 2003

> Dear XEP people,
> Where does Xep 3.* write its status messages? In 2.77 I could pick them up
> easily using xep ..>output but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
> arjan.

The EventLogger used with the command-line version writes output  to
stderr (fd=2). Under bourne and similar shells, the redirection is

java com.renderx.xep.Driver 2> output

Under C-shell, a similar effect can be achieved with

java com.renderx.xep.Driver >& output

I don't know how to redirect error output under Windows, but was told
it is possible.

David