[xep-support] Scalability?

Kevin Ross Kevin.Ross at iVerticalLeap.com
Wed Feb 5 18:00:07 PST 2003

Holy Cow.

So far, -Xmx228mb has solved my problem. Time is now < 55seconds
(compared to 4-9minutes), and memory only climbs to ~100mb.

What a difference!

These numbers are for:

WinXP pro
Athlon 800mhz
512mb pc100 ram

-Kevin Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xep-support at www.renderx.com
[mailto:owner-xep-support at www.renderx.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Ross
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:11 PM
To: xep-support at renderx.com
Subject: [xep-support] Scalability?

XEP churns for ~4 minutes (at about 80mb memory use), creating a pdf.

I have added the -Dcom.renderx.xep.VALIDATE=false.  The result is a 0kb
pdf file.

(sequence [master-reference delivery-sequence](flow [page-number
1]Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have an xsl, and xml that will reproduce this.  Who wants it?  The
resulting fo file (from the transformation) is ~1900kb.

If there is more recommended tuning, please let me know.  I've just
introduced this into a production environment and we haven't made it
through the first day.

-Kevin Ross